Accredited by the American College of Radiology
For over a decade Open MRI of Effingham has undergone a voluntary, rigorous process and meets the highest standards in the industry.
Accreditation by the American College of radiology demonstrates our commitment to quality care and patient safety. Our accreditation is an ongoing process, which means we update our technology with routine software upgrades, and our board-certified technologists with continuing education. The result is a more knowledgeable and skilled team serving patients' needs.
Commitment to Quality
Our staff's ongoing commitment to quality has earned us accreditation by the American College of Radiology. We remain the only Open MRI with this accreditation in a 50 mile radius.
What is Open MRI?
Open MRI of Effingham’s open magnetic resonance imaging system advances technology and patient comfort to a new level. The Open MRI offers a quiet, completely open-air design rather than a conventional tunnel. Patient’s claustrophobic fears are minimized allowing for a relaxed, comfortable procedure. Doctor’s receive the information they need for an accurate diagnosis, while you relax in complete open air comfort. The best of both worlds.
The Advantages Of Open MRI
- Extraordinary Detail - MRI images are so clear that they approach the appearance of fine-line drawings in anatomy books.
- Speedy Diagnosis - The superior clarity of MRI images enables swift and accurate diagnosis which can eliminate the need for other prolonged and expensive testing.
- Non-Invasive - images of the body are obtained without the use of surgery.
- Safe and Painless - images are obtained while you lie comfortably on a padded table. No radiation is used and the magnetic field that generates the images causes no pain.
Typically, patients require no preparation or dietary restrictions. Certain conditions may prevent you from having an MRI examination. When scheduling your appointment, and just prior to the test, please alert the Imaging staff and technologist if you have any of the following conditions:
- Surgical staples or aneurysm clips within the brain
- Cochlear implants
- Metallic implants
- Dental bridges
- Inferior vena cava umbrella
- Artificial heart valves
- Aneurysm clips
- Hearing aid
- History as metal worker
- Dorsal column stimulator
- Other issues you believe to be relevant
You will lie comfortably on the padded table and a special coil will be attached to the area of your body being examined. The table then slides into position. Your technologist will direct the scan from the computer console, or “command center” of the system, and will talk with you through a speaker while the images are being produced and viewed on a monitor. You will be asked to lie very still at a particular moment, but for the most part you can relax while the scanner and the technologist do the work. You can arrange with our receptionist to have a close friend or family member sit with you throughout the exam. An average exam takes about 30 minutes. We also provide music for your relaxation.
Your Comfort is Our #1 Priority
- The Innovators of Open MRI in Effingham
- Locally Owned & Operated
- Immediate Scheduling
- Insurance Pre-Certifications by Our Staff
- 3 MRI Board-Certified Technologists
- 100% of MRI Studies Interpreted by MRI Fellowship Trained/Board Certified Radiologists
- Speedy Results