Dr. Karl S. RudertBoard-Certified in Emergency Medicine
Dr. Karl Rudert graduated from University of California Davis in 1976. He attended medical school at the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine in Chicago graduating in 1981. He completed his internship and emergency medicine residency through Chicago Osteopathic Medical Centers, Cook County Hospital in 1984. He has actively practiced Emergency Medicine, Sports Medicine and Urgent Care and Occupational Medicine throughout his completion of his residency. He was the medical director at Dupont Conoco Facility, Ponca City, OK. He is a consultant team physician for Eastern Illinois University in Charleston, IL, providing service to the Eastern Illinois Athletes for the last 15 years. His primary interest is Occupational Medicine / Urgent Care with emphasis on Sports Medicine. His greatest enjoyment comes from the treatment of sports injuries in all age groups and working with companies to prevent work related injuries.
Dr. Rudert also specializes in the treatment of diagnostic blocks, epidural steroid injections and trigger point injections in conjunction with our orthopedic surgeons and specialists in the surrounding areas that treat comprehensive pain disorders.
- Undergraduate: University of California, Davis, Davis, CA
- Medical: Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Chicago, IL
- General Rotating Internship: Chicago Osteopathic Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- Emergency Medicine Residency: Chicago Osteopathic Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- American Osteopathic Association
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- Coles Cumberland County Medical Society
- American College of Occupational and Preventive Medicine
- American College of Sports Medicine